Monday, May 14, 2012

Design of the Day: Starstruck Gradient

The other day I posted about some really awesome polish I bought at Claire's from their Starstruck collection.  Today I am using Little Dipper in a gradient over black polish.



To create this look I followed the steps that you would take for a glitter gradient manicure.  I started by painting two coats of Wet n' Wild Black Creme.  Over that I started by painting a thin coat of Little Dipper on the top 3/4 of my nails.  Next you put another coat on the top 1/2 of your nail, and then after that another coat on the top 1/4 of your nails.  The layering of the polish leaves you with the desired gradient effect.  The I topped it off with some Seche Vite top coat to help the layers blend together.  I really love how this polish looks over the black. Also I think that its great that the polish becomes opaque at the tips.  This is definitely a look that I will have to try again.

What designs would you like to see in the future? Leave a comment here, on Facebook, or tweet me at @Polish_Paradise!


No comments:

Post a Comment